A Bird of Spirit: Aaron Nobess - Crypt Skin Project


Of all the birds I will have encountered on my aerial journey to Proutopia, the eagle is the most intense. The eagle does not surrender to its prey - the thing it must conquer to survive. 

Fear is the one thing that must be conquered in life. It is a powerful lesson to seek it out for that very purpose. Fearlessness requires an unblinking gaze - like the eagle's. It takes courage to confront a fearful thing as it is revealed and to rise above it, translate it - make it meaningful - even playful in a “whistling in the dark” sort of way. It redefines what could be beautiful.

Aaron Nobess of Crypt Skin Project understands the eagle:

I feel that the eagle is the most majestic yet dominant bird that soars above all others.

The eagle can teach us to dominate fear. Fear of creativity - even fear of a thing we create:

I describe my patrons and customers as individuals who enjoy the horror genre and appreciate unique and artistic pieces: handmade burlap masks and figurines (Although as I develop my range, my audience growing). The pieces I create often spark interest and at the same time confusion. They are natural conversation pieces because of their uniqueness and the technique I use to create them.
 
Aaron’s artworks are strange and wonderful display pieces, driving conversation, making a statement. But more than anything, they are built to be worn.

It is my passion in a nutshell. I pour all of my artistic talent into a tangible piece that is more than just something to look at. It can be appreciated with the eye or used in another form of art such as  film or theatre. What makes my heart sing the loudest is when someone has taken my art and developed it into a piece of their own by creating a character, costume or film. It brings my art to life.

Proutopia is a new venue for Aaron. And his work will both challenge and fascinate our art market visitors.

Facing my fears, whistling like mad.
Your trusted avian correspondent,
Wendy King (p.p.)

Proutopia: Birds of a Feather is just days away. Have you chosen your flight? Click on the links below to find out more. Regular price gate tickets are $10. Advance tickets $5.


PROUTOPIA LINKS

Comments

Popular Posts