Two Places at Once: Tatiana Gregoryanz - Moose & Walnut

As a carrier pigeon, I am most comfortable in the air unless I am resting, and then I like a good, dry roost. But some birds do very well under two circumstances: wet and dry.


Tatiana Gregoryanz is an artist who, like those “dual purpose” birds, straddles two worlds, human and animal, which she combines together with both grace and a sense of the ridiculous:


If I were a bird, I’d be a Cormorant. It’s a big bird, comfortable both in air and water. It will eat almost anything. It seems serious and goofy at the same time. 

  
The cormorant can appear a bit ungainly on the shore, but when it's in the water diving for food, it dives directly from the water’s surface - its equivalent on land would be leaping from a standing jump to snatch food out of the air. A rather impressive talent:

I enjoy creating art with various media, - paper, fabric, clay, wood... I love working with glass. The glass is cut, shaped, ground, stained or fused over several days. I use different materials for framing. My glass works are best displayed in a well lit areas, like windows. I like to use inclusions of found objects. Each of my works is designed and produced by me in my studio.


“Visual storytelling” is the phrase Tatiana uses to describe her art:
My favourite subjects are anthropomorphic animals and inanimate objects. I like to place them in an environment which reflects multifaceted essences of nature. I hope to convey a message of appreciation of symbolism and complexity of relationships, be it human or animal. I work to evoke emotional response and thought.

Tatiana’s market booth will be filled with colour: stained glass paintings, prints of her drawings and small sculptures just right to tuck inside a bag to take home. She'll be ready to share her art stories:

It makes me happy to see people enjoy my work, notice the nuances of the characters and stories behind my creations at Moose & Walnut.
                       
I am keeping my feathers dry, thank you.

Your faithful avian correspondent,
Wendy King p.p. (pigeon post)


Don't forget - tickets for one of Proutopia’s four flights are $10 each at the gate, but advance tickets are discounted at $5 each. More information in the links below.

PROUTOPIA LINKS

Comments

Popular Posts