Rosie Rising



Rosie, (if you don’t already recognize her name) is the founder emeritus of the Handmade Village at the Winnipeg Folk Festival. She brings to Proutopia: Birds of a Feather her years of experience working with, and looking after artists.


Our now artist concierge/site coordinator, Rosie Neufeld (whose “bird da plume” is the Rosy Starling), requested that I deliver to you this heartfelt letter, in which she describes her first visit to Proutopia:

There I was, driving down unfamiliar highways, past farmers’ fields of glorious sunflowers and wheat and hay fields in bloom, while the sun shone brightly in my eyes on a beautiful day this past June in search of Proutopia! My GPS seemed confused - I was most certainly lost. Then, suddenly, I was directed to navigate a gravel road. There, low and behold, I spotted a long string of parked cars. Could this be the Proutopia I was searching for?

Finding a spot to park, I trepidatiously walked towards the most inviting and enchanting wonderment that truly exploded my inner artistic fantasy spirit! I was just a visitor, expecting a craft show, but I was presented with a magical village of true art: Decorated trees, crochet-embellished structures, massive sculptures, wishing bushes, and surprise passages and paths! My plan was to make a quick, curious ‘round-about, but I was entrapped, captured, ensnared! How was this even possible in the middle of nowhere?

The inspiration of Proutopia catapulted the creative juices that my soul was longing for. The dream of making an emporium that put artists on a stage of excellence, generating a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, was right here! The sun, moon and the stars were truly creating the fireworks that ignited the value of artistic expression.

The discovery of this intoxicating euphoria set the Rosebud Petals of my heart to ask: What else can be done to embrace, encourage and enlighten our lacking world of this invigorating essence?

My drive home was just lost in thought with complete ecstasy of the time spent at Proutopia! Ever to be remembered!


It was just a short while later that Rosie was invited to join our flock at Proutopia. And as you will see, she puts her whole heart into it.



Rosie Neufeld wears many hats.

Rosie is not only our site coordinator, she's an RN, and our onsite medical team 
Time to nab Early Bird advanced tickets for just $5 each! Regular price tickets are $10 (after Aug 25) . Go online just below. And see all the fun we’re having on our social media.



Comments

Popular Posts